Sunday, May 17, 2009

Painting continues...

We visited the house again on Friday for our latest update. There's not a lot to show since last time...

The painting has started and I'm pleased to report that I am happy with the colour. It is a bit on the 'cream' side (we really didn't want cream) but it's still a good colour and not too dark like I was concerned about. We've gone with a colour called 'Kid Skin' from Taubmans. I can't find a picture and it's really hard to describe. The ceilings and cornices are white and the skirtings, architraves and window frames are all Kid Skin.

I'm a bit concerned that the skirtings aren't the same colour as the walls (they are a gloss and the walls are a different type of paint) but the SS assures me that it's right because that's what's on his bit of paper... does anyone else find that strange? Just because the paper says the right colour doesn't mean that it's the right colour in the tin or even that it was mixed correctly? Anyway, we'll let them continue and see how it looks when the painting's done - perhaps it's just different because the walls have only had one coat.

Lounge room - with our laundry tub...
CIMG6232

Wardrobe doors
CIMG6229

The tiling is due to start on Monday so my next update (Monday week) should have something new to show.

Tiles sitting in the dining room ready to be layed (the feature tiles are in the pantry out of sight)
CIMG6230

Given that the end is in sight, we went curtain shopping on Saturday. I had only intended to go looking and to show Bryan some of the ideas I'd had... We ended up buying curtains and/or fabric for all but 3 windows - a very impressive job.

We found some ready mades in the bargain bin to suit the 3 minor bedrooms. They'll need a slight alteration but I think that they'll look great. They're all the same pattern but in different colours. And such a great price - $130 for curtains for 3 rooms!!!!!

CIMG6234

For the family room, dining room and kitchen (open plan room) we've bought fabric and I'm going to make roman blinds from it. No I've never made roman blinds before but how hard can it be?... I have a pattern!... I'm kidding, I haven't made them but I'm pretty confident in my abilities and think that they'll look fabulous too! This was also a great price - Spotlight have a deal at the moment where if you purchase all of a roll of fabric you get 30% off the price. We did that on two rolls (of the same fabric) and so save over $100!! We were planning on using this same fabric for the lounge, study and main bedroom but there wasn't enough which is OK by me because I'm still undecided about those rooms.

Fabric waiting to be transformed...
CIMG6233

I'm still surprised that we were able to make a decision so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment