Tuesday, July 21, 2009

An Update...

I have been neglecting this blog lately because I'm "over" this whole building caper, but I reckon it's time for an update.

We had Kevin do an inspection for us back on July 1 (an effort in itself as CSO wanted to dictate when we would do it and refused to work within the appointment that I had made as per advice from the area manager - a battle which I did eventually win but not after several very heated phone calls)and we were horrified with the results!! Most of the brickwork issues that he identified in the pre-plaster inspection still hadn't been fixed despite being told by both the SS and CSO that all of the issues from the first report had been fixed.

Needless to say the SS and I had "words" about this and what he had to say simply floored me! I couldn't understand WHY we had told such lies... his response... the brickies told me they'd fixed all of the problems Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the role of Site Supervisor is to coordinate the job and oversee it - which would mean checking on the quality of work. I asked him about this and he repeated that the brickies had told him they'd fixed the problems... What the???

He's now assured me that all the issues have been fixed. This time I've asked if he's actually checked the work and this time he says that he has. Do I beleive him - not on your life!! What really angers me is that he argued against this inspection just as he did the first. He stood there in our house and told us that we were wasting our money because the first inspection raised all of the structural issues and an inspection at this stage wouldn't bring up anything else that we couldn't pick up ourselves.

I'm now waiting on a call from him this afternoon with more information about where we're up to. He had promised that all of the work would 'hopefully' be finished by Friday last week, but apparently they ran out of bricks and he still has no idea what's happened with our garage door either

When we spoke on Friday he was talking about a PCI possibly Thursday this week... I have NO hopes for this as I want Kevin back in to re-inspect BEFORE we do our PCI and the closest appointment I can get is Wednesday next week. I KNOW that is not going to go down so well as Wednesday is 'office day'....

Anyway, fingers crossed for a PCI next week sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment