Sunday, February 7, 2010

Patio Improvements and more...

Yesterday I decided to dress up the patio with some hanging pots...

We'd been out to watch a dog show and dropped into a big garden shop on the way home. Inspired by the gorgeous flowers that were out I decided that some hanging pots on our patio fence would dress up the area nicely. However I wasn't inspired by that shops high prices and instead went to Bunnings when we got home.

I came back (after more than an hour and a half of picking up a plant, putting it in my trolley, walking around with it, putting it back, picking something else up... It takes quite some time to shop in this fashion) and set to work to create this...

CIMG7102

CIMG7104

Can't remember what these are but I think they are a type of petunia (much smaller flower though...)
CIMG7099

Fuscias...
CIMG7100

Red petunias... (not my first choice but I wanted colour without cost...)
CIMG7096

This morning I potted a few more plants (there are still about 10 plants left that need to be planted either in pots or the ground very soon) into ceramic and terracotta pots that have been taking up space in the garage. They need some pot feet to raise them off the concrete and maybe a few rocks in the top (like the one to the front which has been in that pot for a while - and is finally growing back after getting covered in concrete dust from the neighbours brickies) but I think that this little corner looks great!
CIMG7138

CIMG7139

CIMG7141

CIMG7142

CIMG7143

While I was shopping and working on the patio yesterday, Bryan was creating this out the front...
CIMG7128

It's the narrow strip to the left (north) of our driveway - the rest is the neighbours land. He's been trying to get this bit done before the landscapers for the neighbours block came in to do the front. It really finishes off the front and works in really well.

CIMG7132

CIMG7129

CIMG7131

Now I'm going to have a late breakfast on my lovely patio... :)

1 comment: