Monday, August 31, 2009

Our fencing guy worked most of Saturday on his own and got everything done except the capping to the right side and the gate. So he's coming back sometime today to finish it off.

We spent most of Saturday and some of Sunday working on dog-proofing the fence with chicken wire... I should get the rest done tonight when I finish work. It' will be muddy out there again as it's starting to rain as I type - it doesn't take much.... a light sprinkle and the clay starts sticking to your shoes and suddenly you're 6 inches taller.

I bought myself a pair of gumboots yesterday so that should make things easier - I was wearing my sneakers which are now caked with mud. In fact I then had to wear OHs shoes when I went out to the shops as I had nothing else but dress shoes or sandals... (his shoes are several sizes too big but are OK if you tie the laces tightly )

I'm soooo glad we had a driveway and path to the front door right from the start - it would have been a real nightmare otherwise!!! At least we have one place were we can take the dog in and out for the regular "wee-walks" without us all getting filthy We have a new routine - get to the door, dog sits, human goes in and takes shoes off, dog goes in and sits on it's bed or nearby towel (to clean feet) and then is allowed into house We are now wishing that we had put a tiled strip down the lounge in the part that is a hallway as we had originally planned (and removed to save $$)...

As for the blinds... I was desperate NOT to have sheets and had the 2 blinds for the front rooms made before we moved in, but I didn't get to do the battens (wooden bits on the inside) or the mounting bits and so they're still sitting folded on the floor Hopefully I'll get those two done at least in the next couple of days.

The other thing that I need to get sorted ASAP is our letter box... It's sitting on the entry floor waiting for a mount-post.... Our mail redirect starts this week so will need to make that a priority



Oh and I managed to get the cord for the blinds at Spotlight in Geelong so after the dog-proofing is completed I'll be focussing on curtains - at least for the office and bedroom (I hate having sheets in the window )

No comments:

Post a Comment