Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Valuation done!!! Cheque received!!!

I rang the bank yesterday to check if the valuation was done.... NO!

And then I rang the bank again (I promise I only called twice and the second time was 5.30pm and I really didn't expect to get through...) and was pleased to hear that the valuation had come back!!

Of course, my hopes were then dashed when the guy told me the cheque would take "a couple of days" - why??? especially when the last person I spoke with said it would be available the next day... Anyway, after explaining that settlement was booked for Thursday morning before the bank opened, and that if possible I would really like to be able to collect the cheque on Wednesday, he did something on the computer and then said "OK it will be ready".

So today I dropped into the bank to see what the process was for collecting the check - ie would they call us, what paperwork was needed etc - and ended up walking out with the cheque!!

Bring on Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Inspection of the house at 7.30am and then settlement in the city at 9.30am)

No comments:

Post a Comment